Breck’s Late Spring Operations 2021
May the Skiing and Riding Continue! (See what we did there?)
Spring skiing is one of our favorite times of the year at Breck, and there are plenty of chances to get your spring turns in with the resort scheduled to operate through Monday, May 31 (Memorial Day), as weather and conditions permit. Don’t forget – reservations are still required every day you plan to hit the slopes!
Thanks to a base elevation of 9,600 feet above sea-level, including the highest chairlift in North America – the Imperial Express – Breck typically offers prime spring snow conditions and one of the longest-running ski seasons of any major resort in the country. Celebrate spring and get on the snow long after many resorts have closed for the season, with access to signature High Alpine terrain offerings throughout May, as long as Mother Nature lets us.
Warmer weather, longer sun-filled days, goggle/mask combo tans (it’s a look!), and the occasional spring powder day – what’s not to love?!
Thinking about joining us this spring? We don’t blame you! Here are a few things you should know:
- Peak 8 is the hub of all the late season action beginning on Monday, April 19! We expect to offer approximately 1,000 acres of intermediate-, advanced- and expert-level terrain. Look for the Colorado and Rocky Mountain SuperChair’s to be spinning, in addition to T-Bar and Imperial as conditions allow.
- No beginner terrain. While we love guests of all ability levels, late season terrain is for intermediate-and-above level skiers and riders only.
- Spring on your mask! Look, we know the weather is warmer and you might feel inclined to shed layers this time of year. Go ahead and sport that tank top or that pair of jorts, but please remember to keep your masks up.
- The Gondola will be closed for the month of May, so plan to utilize resort and town buses to get up to the resort.
- Last but not least…Spring is awesome! We can’t wait to see you out there!
See below for the all nitty gritty details of Breck’s late spring operations:
All five peaks will remain open through Sunday, April 18. Beginning Monday, April 19 we will move to our late season operations based out of Peak 8. Reservations are still required for each day you plan to visit.
Please be advised that there will be no beginner terrain during late season operations. All resort operations are weather and conditions dependent and subject to change. Terrain will be available as long as conditions allow. Like with the early season, we are waiting until we get closer to accurately release reservations for the late spring ski season, based on terrain.
- All operations based out of Peak 8.
- Access to approximately 1,000 acres of intermediate-, advanced- and expert-level terrain on Peak 8, as well as Imperial Bowl, Peak 7 Bowl, Horseshoe Bowl and Contest Bowl, as weather and conditions permit.
- Park Lane Terrain Park will be open through April 25.
- No beginner terrain will be available.
- Reservations still required.
- Colorado SuperChair
- Rocky Mountain SuperChair
- Imperial Express
- BreckConnect Gondola (through April 30 only)*
*The BreckConnect Gondola will be closed during the month of May. Guests will be transported to the base of Peak 8 via Resort and Town buses.
Hours of Operations:
- Daily 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.*
*High Alpine terrain and Upper Mountain Lifts (TBar and Imperial) will open/close on a different time schedule due to weather, snow conditions and patrol work. Please check the EpicMix app for lift status information.
Lift Tickets, Reservations & Rentals:
- A pass reservation or lift ticket is required for mountain access every day of the season.
- Reservations are currently available on EpicPass.com through April 30. Further reservations for May will be released as we get closer to those dates.
- We encourage guests to purchase tickets, ski school and passes online, in advance prior to arriving.
- Ticket, Ski School and Pass Services:
- The Peak 8 Ticket office will open a half-hour before lifts open and will close a half-hour after they close.
- The Gondola Ticket Office will be open 8 a.m.-1:30 p.m. daily, while the gondola is operating (through April 30).
- The Breckenridge Call Centers are open daily 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., while the resort is open.
- Resort Information: 970-453-5000
- Ski School: 970-496-3272
- Breck Sports Peak 8 location will be open for equipment rentals.
- Ski Hill Grill: Indoor food court open for guests with reservations, and grab-and-go options available.
- Sevens: Open daily for lunch and dinner, reservations required.
- Vista Haus: Restrooms only.
Ski & Snowboard School:
- Private lessons available for intermediate and advanced skiers and riders, based on available terrain.
- Non-peak pricing for the North Gondola Lot ($7/day) and Stables Lot ($22/day) will be in effect from April 19-30.
- Starting May 1, free parking will be available in the North Gondola Lot and the Stables Lot will be $10/day through the end of the season.
- Resort buses will continuously loop between Breck Station, F-Lot and Peak 8 throughout the day during resort operating hours.
- Breck Freeride schedule: https://www.breckfreeride.com/routes-schedules