Tips on booking your lodging
With more than 3,000 hotel and condo units in Breck, finding the best location at the best deal can seem daunting. A ski vacation is different from others — there is more gear, more weather dependencies, and more things to think of (but they are also more fun.)
To help you book the best vacation possible, we’ve put together this list of tips and tricks to scoring big savings in Breck.
Tip #1: Pick your travel dates strategically
Grab major savings and excellent skiing/riding conditions by coming between peak periods. For the 2013/2014 season, here are some dates to consider:
- December 6 – 12: Breck’s been called the “snowglobe mountain town” in that our little streets always look like Christmas. Get here for the Lighting of Breckenridge on Dec. 7 to see why.
- Jan 5-16: Enjoy wide open runs when you come after New Year’s and before Martin Luther King weekend. And best of all, you can enjoy Ullr Fest (Jan 5-11), our annual celebration of all things snow. It’s a town-wide party with live music, a parade and the crowning of the King and Queen!
- Jan 22-Feb 13: You’ll feel like you have the mountain to yourself while everyone is at work and school. Come before the rush of President’s week for stellar skiing conditions and check out the International Snow Sculpture Championships Jan 26-Feb 2.
- Feb 23-Mar 3: Who doesn’t love Spring Break? And with the opening of Peak 6 this year, the party’s even bigger! Not to mention, March is historically our snowiest month. Arrive before the crowds of mid-March to reap big snow and big savings.
- April 1-20: During the month of April, Breck catches Spring Fever. Think FREE concerts every weekend from big-name bands, tons of family friendly activities, a beer fest and much more. And with temps averaging in the mid 40s to 50s, it’s a great time to enjoy warm, sunny days on the mountain with the rest of Breck Nation.
Can’t travel during one of these dates? No problem! You’ll still save a bundle by booking early, which is our next tip.
Tip #2: Lock down your lodging early
Once you’ve nailed down your dates, it’s time to get to work on booking. When it comes to lodging, not only will you save more by booking early, you’ll also ensure you get the location, unit size and amenities you’re looking for without having to compromise. After all, having a hot tub is an absolute requirement for a ski vacation.
Scope the vacation deals here and find one that best fits your needs. Be sure to pay attention to those booking deadlines!
Tip #3: Seven days to save on your lift ticket
Don’t stop with the lodging—be sure you book your lift tickets at least 7 days advance. You’re GUARANTEED the best deal on lift tickets by purchasing in advance online.
When you book your lift tickets at least 7 days in advance, you’ll get them in the mail before your trip. Guest what that means—you can go straight to the lift when you get to Breck. That’s right, no lift ticket window for you; you’re on a nonstop flight to powder.
Tip #4: Reserve your lessons and rentals early
Now that you’re becoming a pro at booking a vacation to Breck, be sure you’re a pro on the hill too. If it’s your first time skiing or riding, taking a lesson will pay immense dividends. Starting out with good form and proper technique will put you on the fast track to effortless turns down the hill. And if you’re already a veteran, think about an advanced lesson to up your game.
You can’t get down the hill without good gear. Trust us, there’s nothing worse than ill-fitting or poorly maintained equipment. Reserve your rentals in advance online. Breck Sports is the official rental store for Breck Ski Resort which means you’ll always get the best gear at the best prices. Best of all, they’re located at every base area of the mountain, so there’s always a shop nearby.
Tip #5: Still need help? Call a local expert
We’d love to lend you a hand in setting up your vacation. If you need help planning the perfect trip, call one of our local vacation experts at 1-800-985-9842 or 970-496-4700. They’ll guide you every step of the way with their expert knowledge of everything Breck!
— Jonathan Smith
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.