One Ski Hill Place redefines Breckenridge lodging
If you’ve skied Breckenridge this winter or last, you’ve probably noticed it. The immense five-story glow of wood, stone and balconies beckoning from the base of Peak 8 with an idyllic balance of Colorado-mountain cozy and head-turning luxury.
A tour of the property on a recent snowy Friday revealed a dozen reasons why One Ski Hill Place is truly bringing a whole new level to Breckenridge lodging.
I take a handful of clunky ski-boot steps from the BreckConnect Gondola and find myself in a grand living-room-style lobby with a three-sided fireplace, comfy couches and a sleek black piano resting in the corner. The RockResorts property brings up a solid point: You can’t get any closer to the mountain than on the mountain.
The 88 ski-in/ski-out condominiums — some privately owned, some for sale, others available for nightly stays — opened in June 2010 and range from studios to four bedrooms and include wood floors in the kitchen, granite countertops, high-end stainless steel appliances, stone fireplaces, HD TVs, Blu-ray players, generous decks and sizeable windows facing either Peak 8‘s slopes or the county-hugging Continental Divide.
“It’s the most luxurious property in Breck,” Breckenridge Hospitality Director of Sales and Marketing Autumn Wesson said. “It allows us to compete with Vail and Beaver Creek.”
I learn that guests receive borderline royalty treatment here. Here are a few amenities that caught my interest:
- Easy access to five chair lifts
- Town is a quick gondola ride or free shuttle service away
- 24-hour concierge
- Heated underground parking
- Owners can take advantage of the First Tracks program, accessing the ski slopes before they open to the public
- Three on-site restaurants: The Living Room, The T-Bar and Ski Hill Grill
- Two indoor pools, indoor hot tub, outdoor hot tub and fire pit
- A kids-only pool with water canons
- Rejuvenation Center for massages, steam room and sauna, complete with cucumber water (love that)
- Two movie lounges and a game room
- Two-lane private Mine Shaft bowling alley
- Complimentary wireless, high-speed Internet access throughout
- Guests can pick up phones at the pool or bowling alley and order food
- Kid’s ski school, day care and gear rental for the whole family is right out the front door
Rates vary by date and unit. Visit breckenridgehospitality.com for rates and specials.
View more ideas for Breckenridge family fun here.
— Lisa Pogue
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.