Chris & Tyson’s Breck NYE wedding
Where are each of you from?
Originally, Chris is from Long Beach, CA, and Tyson is from Costa Mesa, CA. We met while Chris was living in Huntington Beach and Tyson was living in Costa Mesa. We have lived in Chicago for the past five and a half years.
Where did you meet? Anything fun, special or quirky to share about your initial courtship?
Chris and Tyson met in January 2007 while living in Southern California. While taking a photogrtaphy class, their relationship began to develop. We’re getting married almost 10 years to the day we met.
Where and when was the proposal? Any fun details you want to share?
This is an abbreviated description. If you’d like more details, feel free to reach out to us.
We got engaged in Nusa Dua, Bali on February 4, 2016 over a beautiful dinner at the KayuPuti restaurant at the St. Regis Bali Resort. We were on a week-long vacation there, and Chris proposed to Tyson on the second night. We spent the rest of the vacation celebrating, and the staff of the St. Regis took extra special care of us as a result, including moving us to a private villa in front of the Indian Ocean.
Why did you decide to host your wedding at One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge, CO?
We wanted a destination, winter wedding, but we didn’t want to go international. Breckenridge was the first place that we went skiing together. We both loved the mountain and town while we were there, so it became an easy choice to have our wedding in Breckenridge.
While looking for a venue, we explored several of the resorts close to the mountain. Ultimately, we decided on One Ski Hill Place for several reasons:
- The perfect décor: contemporary rustic lodge. Everything about the space is beautiful.
- Creative and accommodating: Our contact at One Ski Hill Place and the Chef were both amazing to work with. At every moment of the process, they were invested in our event and happiness.
- Spectacular views. At the base of Peak 8, there are stunning views in every direction.
- Excellent location. Tucked away in the heart of the Colorado Rockies, it offers easy access to the lifts and runs, it’s close to larger towns, the area has plenty of hotel and other lodging options, and it’s far enough away from Denver where it feels like a true destination.
- The Washington Ave Room. It’s big enough to be a party without being cavernous. Plus, the wrap-around patio and a backdrop of snow-covered trees was the perfect place to exchange vows.
Where are you planning to honeymoon? Venice and Rome, Italy and then transitioning to an 11 night Mediteranean cruise visiting Italy, France, UK, and Spain.
How many in your wedding party? No wedding party. We wanted all of our family and friends to enjoy the ceremony.
Your wedding theme or inspiration: Winter in the Rockies
Are you incorporating any heirloom or vintage pieces? No
Your suits/tuxes (styles and designers): Bespoke three-piece suits and ties by Alexandre of England
Shoes: but likely Cole Haan
Florist: The Bouqs Co.
Baker: Sugar Breck
Officiant: Claudia Silbar
DJ or Band: Top Hat Entertainment (Larry Nosbish)
Photographer: Charles Townsend
Wedding Planner: Chris and Tyson