Breckenridge lodging: 5 kid-friendly spots
Plush oversized beds, a spacious open kitchen, walkability to shops and restaurants or pools and hot tubs — you know what kind of home away from home your family requires.
Fortunately, Breckenridge is known for its family friendliness and kid-approved hotels. Peruse these convenient and comfortable digs and place yourself where you want to be.
1. Situated where Breck meets Peak 9, the Village at Breckenridge Resort is within walking distance of downtown’s shops and restaurants and a stone’s toss from a ton of kiddo activities. Tikes will love the indoor/outdoor pool and four hot tubs, while mom and dad will appreciate the full kitchens and complimentary shuttle. The family-style condo suites span studios to four-bedrooms, feature full kitchens, breakfast bars and dining areas, sleeper sofas, satellite TV and free wireless Internet.
2. Stylish stone and timber, all-condominium-suite Mountain Thunder Lodge is an ideal in-town home base for those who want to be in the middle of it all. Walk to downtown shopping and dining or catch a lift on the free gondola to the Breck Fun Park and a huge network of mountainside hiking and biking. Amenities include state-of-the-art workout facilities, outdoor pool and hot tubs and complimentary shuttle service. Private balconies and patios are available.
3. Fresh-faced and familiar, DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge is adjacent to Peak 9 and offers an alpine setting while still putting your family within a five-minute walk of historic Main Street. The full-service resort hotel features rooms with one king, two king beds or two queen beds; some with sweeping mountain views and all with high-speed Internet and Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding. The pool, fitness room, snack shop, gift shop, concierge and room service ensure everyone in your crew is happy.
4. Slumber at the base of Peak 8 with One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort. The luxury property is steps from the Breck Fun Park, scenic chairlift rides and a lively village area. Enjoy the fun family-friendly restaurant with a sunny dining patio and amazing views. Or take a quick BreckConnect Gondola ride to town. Accommodations are flawless with rich wood and stone, dramatic fireplaces, granite countertops, high-end stainless steel appliances, and picture windows with alpine views.
5. At Hyatt Main Street Station, choose from a studio, two- or three-bedroom suite, all residential-style with full kitchens, queen beds, free Wi-Fi, laundry services and balconies. Splash around with the kids in the swimming pool and hot tubs, step out the front door and onto the south end of Main Street, and savor onsite dining and room service from Quandary Grille and Taddeo’s Ristorante Italiano.
Filter Breckenridge lodging options by location and amenities, like hot tubs and shuttle proximity, to find your ideal sanctuary.
Let’s here it in the comments, what are your favorite kid-friendly places to stay in Breck?
– Lisa Blake