Breck introduces plans for Epic Discovery
Epic Discovery will come to Breckenridge soon, with ziplines, exploration zones, canopy tours, and more. This program is designed to connect kids and families with the national forests in an active, fun and engaging way. Epic Discovery will encourage “learn through play” by featuring environmental, educational elements interspersed between new activities located in already developed areas of the mountain. The new activities and programming will live on existing on-mountain infrastructure, such as lifts and restaurants, and will blend into the natural environment in an unobtrusive manner.
The Epic Discovery proposal includes a number of new activities at Breckenridge, including an additional 14 miles of family oriented mountain biking trails across Peaks 7 & 8, adventure hiking zones, plus additional activities including zip lines and ropes courses, all with extensive environmental and interpretive programming.
Breckenridge hopes to begin construction on Epic Discovery in the summer of 2015.
Highlights of Epic Discovery at Breck
- Mountain Biking: Approximately 14 miles of family, beginner and intermediate mountain biking trails will be added to Breck’s existing trail system across Peaks 7 & 8.
- Zip Line Thrill Ride At 50 feet above ground, gliding at 45 mpg, guests can ride on a zip line solo or race against family members and friends. Breck’s thrill ride will feature four zip lines set up side by side.
- Lookout Tower/Platform: Welcome to the Horseshoe Bowl lookout tower, a panoramic viewing balcony nestled within the most awe-inspiring natural scenery in the world.
Climbing Wall: At this world class climbing wall and boulder area, climbers will pit themselves against nature with climbs for both beginners and experts, from single to multi pitch routes.
- Challenge Course: You’ll work with your family and friends to complete a multi-stage tour combining zip lines, ropes swings, bridge components and other features.
- Discovery Tours: Ultimate outdoor experiences, these guided canopy zip line tours will immerse guests in the forest on an array of zip-lines and aerial bridges with breathtaking vistas of town and the Ten Mile Range. Experienced guides will help guests navigate the course, and teach about the local flora and fauna.
- Discovery Hiking Zones: Breck is working with the Nature Conservancy to integrate fun with learning through Interpretive Discovery Zones across the mountain and enrich every adventure experience for the entire family. Imagine learning about a moose’s habitat, while walking the same trails the animals do.
- Adventure Parks: A playground to introduce young children to the wonders of the forest, the Kids’ Adventure Zone at Breck will feature bungee trampolines, alpine slide, gem panning, a human maze and mountain bike park!
- Off Road Mountaintop Tours: A two-hour adventure to highlight Breck’s legendary views.
For more information about Epic Discovery at Breckenridge, visit epicdiscovery.com.
- Kristin Petitt Stewart